Thursday, February 5, 2009

class 2/4/09

I liked class and the discussion of Ground Hogs Day, the movie, but I do not fully understand the realtionship between the movie and today. I would much rather talk about Antigone and Antigones. I love the story of Antigone, the plot and the lessons behind it. I must say that I read it in high school and loved it then but not for the same reasons as now. I think this time i took away from the story the idea of family. I also like the idea of the downfall of the opressor, Creon. I think that he is a huge jerk, in modern terms, and am glad that his family fell apart. I just wish that he would have seen the errors of his ways sooner so his family would have been happier. Plus, it is crazy to think that he isolated his own son and punished him by still killing Antigone.

No comments:

Post a Comment