Monday, February 2, 2009

class 2/2/09

Class today was crazy and totally unfocused. I am pretty sure we only stayed on topic of the Homeric Hymns for around five minutes. I loved that we discussed the movie Groundhogs day. Which I will admit that I have not seen in a long long while. I am pretty sure that I saw parts of it as a young child with my family but I cannot remember any part of that movie, at all. I was surprised that Ben had not seen it, for some reason i assumed that he has done everything or read everything that Dr. Sexson talks about in class each day. I liked the story of Persephone and Demeter allot better than that story of Hermes. Simply because it was hard for me to understand the language of the praise to Hermes. The analogies that were throughout the story were hard for me to understand and after a while i simply stopped looking at the footnotes. However, it is definitely one of the more creative stories of the gods and has one of the best messages. The idea that in the end Music is all that matters in life is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment