Tuesday, January 27, 2009

class 1/26/09

I truly enjoyed class today. I think my favorite moment was when Dr. Sexson told us why Greek men have small bottoms. I was thinking about his article that he wrote for that paper in Mississippi and after more thought i think that it is fascinating how he took something so simple as walking his dog and reading the paper and made it somthing wonderful. This fantastical story emerges in a unique and seemingly simple manner from one memory making afternoon. I wish that everyday at least once, even for a small moment, I would take the time to look at life through the lense of my childhood imagination. Thinking back to being small and how every moment held some kind of wonder and mystical power. something as simple as finding cat poop in the family sand box was exciting and made my cousins and i laugh. Similar to the man sitting in his car reading sparked a story to imerge from the imagination from Dr. Sexson. i think that will be my new goal; to look at life nad make it interesting once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment